How To Make Henna Paste the Right Way?
Posted on November 29, 2013
Henna Paste for Hair:
1. Purchase a good quality Henna for use on Hairs and mix it in water.
2. You can also add tea brew, or acidic fruit juices in lemon juice as per your need.
3. Add any other herb like Indigo, Amla etc. to change its color. Indigo will change the color of henna into Black shade. Use of Amla in this paste will give Auburn Color. Cassia Obtava can be added in it to get shine.
4. Make a thick paste just like yogurt and leave it for at least 2 hours in a warm place.
5. Apply this Henna paste on every strand of your hair and cover your hair with a plastic cap until it dries.
6. Once it completely dries, rinse it with water and apply shampoo.
Note: Peoples have reported that Henna makes your hair dry and rough. You can add Conditioner, egg or olive oil in this paste to overcome this problem.
Henna Paste for Skin:
You can make safe and healthy henna paste for your skin and can decorate yourself on different occasions. You can make a simple paste of henna by adding henna powder and water to make thick paste. Simple steps to make Henna for Skin are listed below.
1. Take Henna into bowl add water in it to make a thick paste.
2. You can also add lemon juice in it. Avoid Lemon if you are allergic to lemon.
3. To get dark and real color of Henna, let the paste covered with a plastic wrap tightly for at least 10 hours.
4. Place bowl on warn not hot area.
5. After 10-12 hours, add sugar measuring 1-2 tsp.
6. Add 1- 1.5 tsp. essential oils such as Lavender Oil in it.
7. Mix the paste well and again give it 10-12 hours by recovering it.
8. After 10-12 hours, add some lemon juice and stir to make it thin like stirred thin yogurt. Do not stir too fast.
9. Apply this Henna on your skin using Cone, Finger or Syringe and make beautiful design on your skin.
10. Give it time to dry. You can also leave it overnight on your skin.
11. Once it dries, rinse it with water.
Note: You can also add Coffee, Eucalyptus Oil or Clove Oil in the paste for darker results.
Different Henna Color Shades:
Natural Henna Color:
Original and natural Henna is only and only obtained from Lawsonia Inermis. There are some other herbs which are also named as Henna but they are only named as Henna due to similarities with Natural Henna. Natural Henna will give you color from Reddish orange to Brown which depends on the method of application and ingredients used.
Neutral Henna is obtained from Cassia Obovata. First, it does not have prominent color and it does not change the color of your hair greatly. Secondly, it is similar conditioning properties as Henna has. It is named as Neutral Henna because of these properties.
Black Henna with Indigo:
Black Henna is a very popular natural and herbal hair color. It is obtained from indigo and gives instant coloring. It has very dark blue color and it is often used with Henna to get Black color. PPD is some time refers as Black Henna but it is not similar to Indigo. PPD is chemical and is harmful for hairs.
Black Color with Sesame:
For Black or Grey Color shade, you can add Sesame (Gingerly or Til) Oil in Henna Paste with the addition of Curry Leaves. To make it, Boil Sesame Oil and add Curry leaves in it. Use a tightly closed container. Then add Henna in it and boil it for a few minutes. After boiling, leave the paste to cool and then apply it on your hair. After application, leave the paste on hairs for at least 3 hours until the paste dries. Once it dries, use shikakai to wash your hairs.
Black Color with Castor Oil:
Castor Oil can also be used as an alternative of Sesame Oil. For this, you have to boil it in iron container with Curry leaves until the oil becomes black.
Mix Grinded Beetroot in Henna powder and make a paste. Apply it on your hairs and leave it to dry or at least for the time of 1 hour. Rinse it and you will get Burgundy Color.
Brown/Red Color: Indigo has Blue Color. As its shade varies, you can combine Henna with Indigo to in suitable proportion to get your desired shade. You can get the shade range from Brown to red. Indigo is also used to get Black Color.